The State Load Dispatch Center is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the Uttarakhand. It is the strategic functional unit of Power Transmission Corporation Ltd. Uttarakhand, for discharging various functions specified under Section 32 of Indian Electricity Act 2003.
The main responsibilities of SLDC are
- To ensure the integrated operation of the power system in the Uttarakhand.
- Monitoring of system parameters and system security.
- Daily scheduling and operational planning.
- Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges of power.
- Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate remedial measures.
- System studies, planning and contingency analysis.
- Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.
- Computation of energy despatch and drawal values using SEMs.
The State Load Despatch Centre shall
SECTION 32 : INDIAN ELECTRICITY ACT 2003
- Monitor grid operations
- Keep accounts of the quantity of electricity transmitted through the State grid
- Exercise supervision and control over the intra-state transmission system
- Be responsible for optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity within a State, in accordance with the contracts entered into with the licensees or the generating companies operating in that State
- Be responsible for carrying out real time operations for grid control and despatch of electricity within the State through secure and economic operation of the State grid in accordance with the Grid Standards and the State Grid Code.