The State Load Dispatch Center is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the Uttarakhand. It is the strategic functional unit of Power Transmission Corporation Ltd. Uttarakhand, for discharging various functions specified under Section 32 of Indian Electricity Act 2003.
- To ensure the integrated operation of the power system in the Uttarakhand.
- Monitoring of system parameters and system security.
- Daily scheduling and operational planning.
- Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges of power.
- Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate remedial measures.
- System studies,planning and contingency analysis.
- Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.
- Computation of energy despatch and drawal values using SEMs.